Instructor - Andy Groves
Andy has been a water sports enthusiast for many years (approx. 15) gaining skill, knowledge and experience in his passions of coasteering, surfing, rock climbing, running and other outdoor adventure pursuits.
Andy has competed in UK and many other countries worldwide and has reached a level of understanding and safe practice for coasteering to instruct, lead and share the amazing experience with groups and individuals.
Relevant Training & Experience:
- Assisting in coasteering sessions as a volunteer between 2013-2014 gaining knowledge on route planning, risks and present dangers and water safety
- Assisting in Surf lessons as a volunteer between 2013-2014 gaining experience in water safety, rips, currents and risks and present dangers in the surf
- Assisting DWS (deep water solo climbing) training sessions
- SPA (single pitch climbing instructor award) training completed 2013
- Completed DBS (CRB check) 2015
- Completed Appointed First aid Course 2015
- Completed Surf Lifesavers Award with Dean Gough, Outer Reef Surf School
Other Skills and Experience
- Coasteering personal experience - 10 years
- Surfing personal experience - 15 years. Level - Advanced
- Rock climbing and abseiling personal experience - 5 years. Level - Advanced in following categories:
- Lead Trad climbing Level HVS-E1+
- Lead Sport climbing 6A+ Lead Multi pitch climbing VS 5C+
- Snowboarding personal experience, 2 months spread out over various trips within 2012 - 2015. Level - intermediate.
- Running experience 3 years of regular coastal, trail and road running.